During our staff planning this summer, one teacher shared a story about how his father would always ask the same set of questions when his father thought he needed help, “Are you eating enough? Exercising enough? Sleeping enough?” After sharing this story, the teacher said something that stuck with me. “This takes care of 60% of our problems. We have each other for the other 40%.” We’ve been unpacking this idea at the Workshop School this year. How do we take care of ourselves (and each other) while building a community that truly cares about students? During this session we will discuss ideas, strategies, and challenges in creating self-care plans for educators who are doing their best to build schools that truly care about children.
This conversation will be captured, organized and shared via google docs during this session.